Parent & Child Mountain Escapes
Leave your normal home life behind for a couple of days and spend quality time with your child in real wilderness away from technological distractions. Climb Snowdon by a non tourist route and wildcamp on the way up, walk the Lake districts famous striding edge and sleep in a cave. These experiences are life affirming for you and your child. Ages 10+.
What You Need To Bring
For all activities, suitable clothing is required. For treks, this includes suitable footwear (sturdy hiking boots), jeans are not advisable as they are difficult to walk in when wet and several layers appropriate to the weather, time of year and location are advised including a waterproof layer in case of rain. As the participant, it is your responsibility to be suitably dressed and equipped for whatever activity you have chosen to do with us. This will not be checked on the day, so this is your responsibility as an attendee however for trips into mountainous areas if you are deemed by the organisers to have inadequate clothing for the conditions then you will not be allowed to participate in the event. No refund or partial refund will be given in these circumstances.
- 1 x Gortex Shell Waterproof Jacket
- 1 x Waterproof Trousers
- 1 x 3/4 season walking boots with Gortex lining, canvas or leather
- 1 x Drybags / Rucksack Liner, to keep your kit dry, NO rucksacks are waterproof
- 1 x Heavy fleece or light weight insulation jacket
- 1 x Quick wicking light weight trousers. NO JEANS or CORDS
- 1 x T shirts, quick wicking, fast drying, NO COTTON
- 1 x Long sleeve shirt
- 2 x 3/4 season walking socks
- 1 x Quick wicking underwear
- 1 x Warm head wear. Beanie type good
- 1 x Wide brim hat or base ball cap
- 1 x Buff, this is a scarf which covers back of neck, face providing warmth
- 1 x Gloves – warm outdoor windproof type
- 1 x Mosi head net
- 1 x Mosi repellent
- 1 x Waterbladder / bottle 1 or 2 litre
- 1 x Head torch & spare batteries
- 1 x Wet wipes
- 1 x High Factor Suncream
- 1 x Camera/phone in waterproof pouch
- 1 x Walking poles, good if you have any old leg or back injuries, makes walking on steep and difficult terrain much easier and quicker.
- 1 x Gaiters, cover the top of your boots and stop water mud etc
- 1 x Expedition 4 Silva Compass
Have a bag of spare warm clothes and wash kit ready to change into for trip home. This will be stored in a vehicle whilst in the wilderness.